WOW and bad public transportation day...

Well this week has flown by!  Sitting here on the train from Krakow to Poznan and realized it has been a week since I've done a post on my blog.  I love that!  The busy part that is....

Easter was amazing - Budapest with Bob, Colleen and Josh.  Good Friday - nice tenebrae service and then Saturday Bob and Colleen hosted a big 'ol bar-b-que which was fun to be a part of...good food for sure!  Sunday started out right with an absolutely beautiful sunrise service on a hill overlooking Budapest.  Later in the morning was a service and brunch - nice.  That late afternoon several (including all four of us) were invited over to a Hungarian family's home. They are actually Bob and Colleen's landlords and the reason they rent out their house was due to a bad anurysm and accident that the Dad had.  It has debilitated him for life but all the doctors and rehabilitation people are amazed that he can even walk and function on his own.  Isn't that cool?!  Bob and Colleen have just loved, shared and prayed with them since day one and they are just drinking it all in.  Good stuff.

So then on Monday we drove to Krakow.  There are a group of 'big wigs' meeting here this week so I hitched a ride.  The fun part is that they requested to come to Poland so Bob set it all up since it is his area.  And guess who he worked with to arrange the details?...Joanna!  I have met many Joanna's since I came here but this one is the very first one from my very first day.  She helped me get a SIM card for my phone...remember?!  Isn't that awesome!?  She and her fiance are actually both working in England right now trying to make some money for their wedding in May but she came home for this week to make sure all the details ran smoothly.  She originally went to England to establish a company - a tour guide service!  So Bob and this group are her first 'real' clients... good stuff.  It was great to see her and catch up a bit.  I did work while in Krakow too...met with the accountant and worked on items for the meetings happening this week (in Krakow) and next week (in Budapest).  Oh - and I went to go see the other Joannas I met here...at the Polish Language School I attended!  I was signing some people up that are coming here in May - so that was fun to catch up with more Joanna's as well...they remembered me - how cool is that?!

I must admit it was nice to be back on Facebook Sunday.  Actually that was pretty funny.  Bob's wireless was whacked out all weekend so between the two services on Sunday we were at a coffee shop that had wireless!  Perfect.  I'm still catching up but it is good to be back in the loop a little bit anyway.  I find it simply amazing the tool that Facebook has become - so many people just go there to find events, places, people, communicate and publish information etc - I think that is kinda cool.  Yes, with the good comes the bad...but that is to be expected in this world and it seems to me that we can make those choices in our Facebook world so that is helpful.

Speaking of catching up and loops...my Dad - WOW.  It has now been decided that he will stay in Boise for 4 weeks!  He is in a rehab center - he is on IV for his infection plus will be starting physical therapy so apparently 24/7 care was decided upon.  That whole deal sounds pretty serious to me...I'm not sure if I would feel better about it if I was in California but I do think I would be in closer communication with Mom, Phyllis and Sue about it all.  So - that is one thing about being many miles and time zones apart - communicatin is a challenge and I can't just hop in my car and run up to Boise to check it all out for myself!  Mom has been great at sending daily emails so that certainly is appreciated.

Guess that's it - I'd appreciate your prayers for my Dad...he's a strong man but I think all these issues have taken their toll!  Pain is a weird phenomena...does crazy things to us physically, mentally and spirtually.  Life is good, I do believe and trust God is waaayy better.

Check that...not quite done.  I arrived back in Poznan...thunder and lightening storm going on!  It was great...from the train.  But I got off the train and the Giles family (who I rent my room from) was there to greet me - that was great.  They were headed to Krakow and their train left 10 minutes after I arrived :).  Anywho - went to the tram stop - any tram but #10 could get me home.  #8 pulls in - I get on - nope...didn't go to my stop.  Turned right the city block before my stop and went down that street for a bit.  I got off - but it was after 10:45 at night and...no more buses or trams in that neighborhood.  I hoofed it home - in the rain - in my sweatshirt - with my suitcase.  And let me just say - there were some flash flood little rivers going on.  So I'm home safe and sound (and wet) now - having ended my day about the same way I started my day. This morning I was supposed to meet Joanna to taste cakes with her...but alas I could NOT find the bus I was to transfer to get out to the area she was in.  Stink - not a good public transportation day!  Oh well - so it goes.  G'night:).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Trains, planes and high school basketball!