A little messed up time wise---3:30 a.m. here and I'm awake. 1:30 p.m. in Ethiopia right now. Oh well-it will take a while to adjust back.
But what a great day and country!!! I had my In-N-Out about 3 hours after landing, I washed my clothes twice just for good measure---the sound of the washing machine was music to my ears! And I drove into Sacramento at rush hour--traffic with no cows, goats, people on the road! All three in a matter of hours...AMAZING.
Great flights home---watched a few movies, napped and got VERY excited when the flight attendant handed me a toblerone chocolate bar! I asked if I could have a diet coke with it and he said yes...would you like ice? I got tears in my eyes I was so happy.
Joyful to be picked up by Michael...and my parents are at my Aunts house so family time too:). Book club last night-- fun to tell some stories and catch up with a few dear friends!
All in all-'re-entry' is going well. Lets see ...top 10 re-entry observations:
2. Smooth roads and traffic flows--all lit up at night!
3. Summer heat! Means no rain- or mud- or jackets.
4. Appliances--washers, dryers, refrigerators, microwaves, air conditioning and fans
5. Wireless...ease of access
6. Indoor plumbing--everywhere!
7. Ease of communication--not having to use hand motions and 'simple' English to be understood.
8. Greeting people---much less hugging and hand shaking.
9. Comfort level sitting here at night--doors open and not concerned of bugs, creatures or source of light.
10. Food--rumbles have calmed down quite a bit in the last 15 hours.
Not sure about frequency of blogs going forward but thank you for your comments, emails and following! I am excited to go back in November--- I will probablly post updates about that coming up.
Life is good---I do enjoy it very much and God has proven to me through experiencing the last five weeks in Ethiopia that He is everywhere and again....waaaaaayyy better!
Hugs to you:)