Burgers and washers and traffic oh my!!!!


A little messed up time wise---3:30 a.m. here and I'm awake. 1:30 p.m. in Ethiopia right now. Oh well-it will take a while to adjust back. 

But what a great day and country!!!   I had my In-N-Out about 3 hours after landing,  I washed my clothes twice just for good measure---the sound of the washing machine was music to my ears!  And I drove into Sacramento at rush hour--traffic with no cows, goats, people on the road!  All three in a matter of hours...AMAZING. 

Great flights home---watched a few movies, napped and got VERY excited when the flight attendant handed me a toblerone chocolate bar!  I asked if I could have a diet coke with it and he said yes...would you like ice?  I got tears in my eyes I was so happy.  

Joyful to be picked up by Michael...and my parents are at my Aunts house so family time too:).  Book club last night-- fun to tell some stories and catch up with a few dear friends!  
All in all-'re-entry' is going well.  Lets see ...top 10 re-entry observations:
1.  Efficiency
2.  Smooth roads and traffic flows--all lit up at night!
3.  Summer heat!  Means no rain- or mud- or jackets. 
4.  Appliances--washers, dryers, refrigerators, microwaves, air conditioning and fans
5.  Wireless...ease of access
6.  Indoor plumbing--everywhere!
7.  Ease of communication--not having to use hand motions and 'simple' English to be understood. 
8.  Greeting people---much less hugging and hand shaking. 
9.  Comfort level sitting here at night--doors open and not concerned of bugs, creatures or source of light. 
10.  Food--rumbles have calmed down quite a bit in the last 15 hours. 

Not sure about frequency of blogs going forward but thank you for your comments, emails and following!  I am excited to go back in November--- I will probablly post updates about that coming up. 

Life is good---I do enjoy it very much and God has proven to me through experiencing the last five weeks in Ethiopia that He is everywhere and again....waaaaaayyy better!
Hugs to you:)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Giving