So it begins...Ethiopia

New blogger here.  Not sure what I'm doing but I have some amazing people in my life that seem interested in 'following' me during my adventures this summer.  The name of this blog (letusgive) may seem odd but hopefully it will become clear through my subsequent posts - to me as I write it and also to those that read!  Here we go...together!

Ethiopia...that is the place I am going for 5 weeks starting June 17th.  I cannot wait and I must admit I'm a bit nervous as well!  Have I been there before?  Yes...once in 2005 for 2 weeks and once in 2007 for 3 weeks.  The 3 week trip was to teach English to high school students.  I fell in love with their beautiful faces, smiles and ambition to learn.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them again!

This whole year has been a whirlwind so far but bottom line is - I'm preparing to leave Pacific Coast (having worked there for 27 years) and moving onto more mission oriented work - more or less a second career! 

Thanks to all my family and friends that have been so encouraging since I 'announced' all these changes in mid-April.  This trip is in preparation for a return in November for approximately 8 months.  I am not sure how much internet access I will have while in Ethiopia but I will keep you updated as much as possible.

Life is good, God is waaaayyy better. :) 
Carol



Comments

  1. Great start to blogging, retiring and new directions! I will hold you up each day in my thoughts and prayers. I will miss the ease of calling you so often and having you change my stress into a funny story. Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too...Skype will be a beautiful thing :). We need to set up some schedules don't you think!? Thanks my sister.

      Delete
  2. This is great. I'm looking forward to all the stories you plan to share. Thank you for taking us along with you on your journey..

    Thoughts and prayers are with you.

    HAVE FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I miss you already! My thoughts and prayers will be with you every step of the way. Thank you for having such a positive influence on me and making such a big difference in the lives of others! Again, I miss you already!
    Loma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so amazing - miss you too. Thanks Loma!

      Delete
  4. So excited for you and all you will do and see in the next year! Praying for you! Thanks for doing the blog so we can keep in touch!

    Love you, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol...I am so very proud of what you are doing and can't wait to read about your experience along the way. I would be remiss if I didn't tell you that your absence is going to be felt by so many and leave a gaping hole in our hearts...yet a whole new world is calling for you and waiting for you to embrace it. You, my friend are incredibly brave! Enjoy your new journey in life and thanks for sharing it with us!
    You will be missed!
    Love,
    Penny, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny, Penny...thanks for wanting to coming along with me via the blog :). Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried to comment the other night but I don't know if you ever saw it...I don't really know what I am doing!!! Love ya anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I realize now what I did wrong. I wanted to let you know that I am excited for you and your journey. I had said that those who you'll encounter are very lucky to be taught by such an empowering woman. I know from experience. You have always been so helpful to me and made me stronger at what I do. Thank you for just being you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, little sister - I see this as a way to write that book that you always wanted to write in God's way, time and in the 21st Century way. How cool is that!
    God has some very exciting times for you and we are so excited to hear and see what they are.

    Love you.Byl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thank you Momma

2 and 2017:)