Thank you Momma

December 31, 2015
Life is good, God is waaaay better.  I’m starting with that statement this time – I am reassured of that each day – really each hour these past couple of days.  People – family, friends, folks on the street or in the store have all been incredible.  People know – they ‘sense’ hurt and respond appropriately.  That is so very treasured.  My Momma died on Tuesday, December 29th at 13:49 PST.  Dad, Phyllis, Bob via FaceTime, Susan, Nathan, Jesse and I were all there…holding her hand, stroking her arm, leg, shoulder, forehead, making sure she could ‘feel’ us and hoping she could hear us.  I whispered to her a lot that day…the nurses would kind of talk loudly to her as they swabbed out her mouth or did some routine on her.  I couldn’t do that – I wanted to be gentle with my Momma…loud noises would startle her at home recently.  She would wake up and say ‘what was that’…I didn’t want her startled.  I wanted her to go from this world gently, peacefully and walk right into heaven knowing she is loved – by many and beyond measure.  I can just picture her walking – well, running really, right up to Jesus, and my Grandpa that I never knew and my Grandma that I so admired – saying – I’m here!...I’m here!  She wasn’t a ‘huggy’ person really…she was huggable…but not real huggy so I don’t know how she would greet them but I can imagine them running to her as well.  I lay awake Tuesday night just knowing that my Grandpa Kuhlman was waiting to see her…she was the first of his children to join him in heaven. 

Momma couldn’t wait – she was ready…she said that from the moment the diagnosis was heard – we talked about it on the phone when she called me in Budapest on October 26th with the news.  She told a lot of people that…she was ready to walk and talk with Jesus.  She is doing that now – and I am very glad.  I miss her – I woke up this morning and instantly knew she wasn’t here – and I miss her.  I love you Momma…I miss you terribly and always will – thank you for being my Momma, thank you for teaching, sharing, disciplining, and loving me – but most of all – thank you for being my Momma.

Comments

  1. We both had precious, wonderful Mommas. I know just how hard this is. Happy for them...but miss them so much. Always unanswered questions now...that's probably one of the hardest things. So much I want to ask her. Can't just call and get one of her recipes. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, My thoughts and prayers are with you. Sincerely, Baker Baker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen and I are praying for you. Thanks for sharing these thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written Carol, it brought tears to my eyes. You've been in my thoughts ever since I heard, and I'm happy at least to hear that you're at peace with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

European Observations