Love, love, love this time of year!

Holy Moly – what an amazing season – I love this time of year!  I’m sitting here looking out a window into a beautiful backyard covered in fresh snow.  It isn’t snowing at this very moment but it sure has for the past 18 hours or so!  If you know me – snow is not my favorite but looking at it from the inside is okJ!  Actually last night I was a bit more brave -  it was kind of snow/rain and I was standing out on the main street of John Day, OR (total population = 1800) watching a trucker’s light parade.  It was so awesome…so small town, some really decorated log trucks, work trucks, whatever – all so great!  So I guess I can brave the elements for the ‘right’ reason!


I don’t really have much to say; just been hanging out here helping at Mom and Dad’s.  Busy – painted a few rooms, hosted a ‘tea’ (crazy…doesn’t sound like me but it was Christmasy and nice!), spoke at a coffee shop and this week I’m headed to California.  I’m excited to see a bunch of people, speak again on Sunday and then head back home in time to get over to Boise for Christmas.  Christmas! – woo hooJ!!!  I love it!  I love the carols being sung, amazing church services, the people bustling around (not many people here but I’ll spend some time in San Francisco…they bustle there for sure!).  All of it – I love it all.  At this time of year it seems a bit easier to say that life is good and God is waaaay better.  I do believe that – may you have a blessed Christmas!

Comments

  1. Mary Christmas and a happy New Year!

    Steve B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Christmas and a happy New Year!

    Steve B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m sorry I won't get to see you Carol - Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Cross Cultural Orientation