Amazing family, snow and emotions!

Parked the car in a snow bank at my sistersJ.  She has some serious snow up here at her house!  She lives ‘up in them thar hills’ outside of Boise, Idaho…and we will have a white Christmas!!  It is beautiful and cold for sure so we’ll see how adventurous I am over the next few days. 

Tanner (#7 nephew) said I should write about family…but I wasn’t sure.  And then it hit me scrolling through my FaceBook...I have a LOT of family!  I know, the story has it that family is who you are born or adopted into…and the family I was born into is AMAZING.  Love, love, love – parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, kids of cousins – AMAZING.  Such greatness.  

But along life’s merry way – there have been other people in my life who have become ‘family’. 

I experienced living overseas that being so far away from my first family…others became family!  My brother’s kids (3 nephews) grew up living in Ukraine – and they used to call other people ‘Aunt’ and ‘Uncle’; it created a twinge in my heart.   Probably not a good twinge…I must admit.  How can they call others Aunt and Uncle – when they are not?  Then I realized…others do and can become AMAZING family!  It’s okay Aunt Carol…simmer down. 

Work family – seriously – spending at the minimum 40 hours a week with people – will make you family or otherwise!  I shared a lot of meals, time and memories with people at work – AMAZING.

Church/prayer family – there is something special about being involved at church and sharing a common belief, faith and prayers with people – it bonds the heart together like no other – AMAZING.

School family – growing up in a (very) small town definitely lends itself to creating some serious family relationships around town – to this day some of those people are very dear to my heart even if I haven’t seen them in a while – AMAZING!

Sports family – those that I play(ed) sports with – during and after school.  I guess sweating and working through to victory with people makes a family bond!  Those coaches too – all AMAZING!

That’s the beauty of family – time can lapse – and the connection is still there.  My heart literally ‘overflows’ with emotion when seeing family by all definitions. So on this snow-filled absolutely beautiful Christmas Eve – I wish ALL my AMAZING FAMILY a very Merry Christmas.  Life is very good…God is waaaaaay better and my heart is overflowing today with emotion for many!  Much love, Carol


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Giving