Malaria Monday....

Malaria is not a disease I want to get...my brother got it at one point in his life and that was worrisome enough!  So - I will be taking anti-malaria meds on Monday for the next 10 weeks.  When I went to check on my shots etc - Africa is one of those countries that you pretty much need to get every known vaccine!  I already had Hep A and B series but had to get tetnus, typhoid, meningitis, and polio.  Crazy huh?  Yes...yellow fever as well but that was determined a while back that I could not get due to some other health issues.

So...my arm was sore for a few days but I should be pretty good while I'm away for this jaunt to Ethiopia :).

Oh - some of you have inquired about donating - you certainly may!  I just don't have it set up through here (yet-not sure if it will be prior to leaving next week).  If you so desire - send a check to the church (don't put my name on it) and then you will be able to have the donation be tax-deductible:
Fremont Presbyterian Church
5770 Carlson Drive
Sacramento, CA 95819
Check memo:  Ethiopia blog

Thanks for your encouragement - one week to go before taking off from San Francisco!  Woo hoo! :)
Carol
Psalm 91:1-2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Giving