It has been a long time! I am in Maasha and the connection to the Internet has been difficult:). It is 1:00 a.m. Here and working so I thought I would try this from my phone.  Kinda slow!

Ok...Ethiopian calendar:  today July 1, 2013 to me and you---Ethiopians---it is June 14, 2005!  So imagine their Y2K issues...once in 'our' 2000 and then again for them.  Funny!

Time---6:00 am starts at 0:00...we will meet at 2:00 to walk to the Presbytery office...that is 8:00 am to you and me:). Awesome isn't it!?...so when we talk---we use both and so do the Ethiopians. Communication is tough enough-don't want to confuse time and dates too!

Here are some menu items that I thought you may like:

Beef meet balls
PanecakesFrench frizePiper steak (pepper)Rosted beafChicken cottlet

I've been talking to a lot of people about my return in November and they are very excited, encouraging and making lists!  Good stuff.  Makes me very grateful to all who are so supportive in this new venture for me. Thank you!

At this very moment I am awake because my stomach did not like something I ate today...so started on some meds and would appreciate prayers to get better:)

Life moves slowly here but that is okay---we talked about that when I return...culture shock. As one American put it---being here for 6-8 months---the honeymoon is over!  Whole different story.   So on that note...I will try to post this!  Goodbye from Maasha!!

Comments

  1. That time and date info is so interesting - I can't imagine how confusing that must be! The menu items are so funny - I hope the flavor is better than the spelling. And speaking of which, I hope you're feeling better...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

European Observations