Phone, atm, office and shelter - my little world!

1/14/15
Happy Wednesday!  I am feeling a bit more ‘settled’ today.  I got a SIM card for my phone and opened a bank account last week.  But the ‘data’ part of the phone wasn’t working (that’s why I have a smart phone right?!) and I didn’t have an ATM/Visa card so I couldn’t use the funds in my bank.  So I was thinking that everything was kind of uselessJ. 
I received my ATM/Visa card yesterday in the mail so Bob and I went back to the mall and got that activated and working as well as the data on my phone --- so now I feel like a functioning person.  Weird maybe but it makes a difference to have some simple things taken care of in my little world.

I have also started setting up the office where I am working so that feels a little comforting as well.
Printer?  - check
White board?  - check
Cork board? – check
My life is pretty much spreadsheets at the office up to this point.  A couple more years to do some entry/uploading – good stuff!  End of January is the goal then I think the fun will begin.  Doing some balancing of those uploads and getting more into the day to day/week to week processes that I need to do.

Last week was my first time to go to the kids shelter…it was awesome.  We get there with these sand art deals somebody donated (awesome) and some kids were in the room where we hang out but then all kinds of kids came out of the woodwork!  It was very fun – people around the table, on the floor – anywhere they could find.  Everybody had one to work on and I sat by this boy and I think he said his name was Gallagher!  How cool is that?...he was so patient with me…I would say a sand color in English and he would tell me in Hungarian.  Black = fekete, red = piros, blue = kek, yellow = sarga etc etc.  So we did that a few times and I can’t remember a thing (unless I write it down, study it, practice it and then it is still a challenge!) so then he would tell me ‘shemi bai’ which means ‘no problem or no worries’.  Isn’t that just so awesome?  What a kind, great kid right?  I hope I get to see him again tomorrow…we are going to go and make sock snowmenJ.  Found it on Pinterest and there are plenty of single socks in people’s homes so we are taking those with us to cut, fill with rice, tie up and decorate like snowmen.  Fun!...at least we hope the kids think so!

The winter here is VERY mild so far – I keep saying to people they can blame me (or give me credit).  When I was in Poland last year it was very mild as well according to the Polish and this California girl didn’t mind at all.  Same thing here…I don’t mind – it is quite alright with me to have high 40’s and into the 50’s each day (4-10 Celsius)J.

So I just thought I’d catch you up a bit of my happenings in Hungary.  Life certainly is interesting and changing daily but very good and as you know (or I hope so anyway!) God is waaaay better.  I trust your January is going well – almost half way through already…phew!  Take care.

Comments

  1. So glad to hear you're settling in. Sounds like a lovely day at the kids shelter, how satisfying that must be. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Legos, December and Romania!