Good times


We had a party!  All the Presbytery and translation families were invited...hosted by the forenjis:). Good times---Ethiopian ladies did the cooking which of course is better than my cooking!  Karen cooks well...but forenji food and this was traditional Ethiopian. It was excellent and I had talked of some games with kids so we were able to do that too. Three legged race---funny!  Of course we got adults involved---fairly competitive folks I must say. Our driver probably the most--he wanted to win!  We did a word match deal too...an English word and a Shekka ( local language) word. Each person had a word taped to them and they had to find their match...now I was shocked on this one.  Ethiopians are pretty quiet spoken for the most part but this group of 40-50 got pretty loud and chaotic!  It was awesome---Andualem (high school director) was with us as well and he did not like the chaos:)...forever a teacher I guess.  We were all outside and the rain stayed away...thank The Lord.   It rained later that night but not from 4-7 (10-1 Ethiopian time). Perfect. 
Anyway--the party was kind of a parting gift. Our last day in Masha is tomorrow (July 20).  Big market day (Saturday) so will need to make it to that. Sunday we fly from Gambela to Addis and then fly out of Addis Tuesday night.  About 22 hours later hopefully land in SFO!. I have only done the 2 day drive to and from Masha so I feel pretty spoiled flying--a new experience for me. 
Great trip-great people-beautiful country-and some plans rolling along for my return.  Life is good---God is definitely way better---proven over and over this trip:). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

European Observations