Re-entry


Re-entry is a weird deal...
1.  Traffic/roads---so, so different.  And will I really be the one driving again soon?!  I do enjoy driving:)
2. Food---this is talked about by many, not just me. We all agree In-N-Out is the first stop. Ahhhh...a diet coke and cheeseburger with fries!  #2 with no onions please!
3.  Shopping---supermarkets!  One stop shopping like Wal-Mart or Target. Just the thought is a tad overwhelming. I remember my nephews coming to America from Ukraine and there was some concern when I immediately wanted to take them to Toys-R-Us...such excess!
4.  The speed of life. I do enjoy the quickness of my life and doing/getting things done quickly. But there is something to be said for this different, slower, pace of life as well. Lazinrss is not good but pace is an interesting dilemma really. 
5.  Cleanliness---rainy season brings mud and I'm a mess!  I truly cannot wait to put in a load of clothes...I may wash them twice for good measure.  I have not seen a washing machine here...all hand washing and air drying. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Cross Cultural Orientation