It has begun!

Wonderful time seeing quite a bit of family - Chicago area, Fort Bragg, NC and St. Louis...what a great start to the holiday season!  Michael had two concerts at Olivet University - amazing!  Beautiful music as stated in my last post:).

Michael and I flew out of Chicago on Saturday - and let me just say that flying from Chicago to Europe instead of the West Coast makes a big difference!  8 hours to Dusseldorf - that was pretty easy and besides I got to sit by the cutest little boys on the plane.  Trilingual (Korean - mom, German - dad, English - living in the US).  So, so cute...had a robot movie recommended to me and so I watched that for a bit - awesome.

Michael had mentioned that Cologne was not far from Dusseldorf (where we had a layover) and it has an amazing cathedral so we took the train there...took about one hour.  Walked out of the train station and there was the church...very gothic and amazing just like Michael said!  I was glad we went.  There was a Christmas market going on as well and it was very festive, crowded and smelled delicious!  I loved every moment of our 8 hour layover excursion:).

It was VERY good to get to Budapest, unpack a bit...catch up on some sleep and see not only family but friends met/made last year!  What fun.  Then Josh took me to the airport on Tuesday to head to Zurich for finance training.

Oh my....the past 2 days have been numbers, chart of accounts, numbers, bank statements, numbers, data entry and did I mention numbers?  Bean counter...that's what I'm doing:).  Great people to work with - American, German, Swiss, Hungarian and more to be added to the list in the near future and I'm enjoying it all.

I head back to Budapest tomorrow (Friday) to start my Christmas holiday - and Saturday there is a group serving lunch to the homeless shelter - woo hoo!  Of course Bob and Colleen have many events planned for us and I'm looking forward to all of it.  I'm sure there will be some number crunching amongst all the celebrations too and that is a good thing...there is work to be done and catching up to do!

It's amazing how quickly I have adopted to some things...like not hearing English in public places and not using the US dollar for payment or simply adjusting how the locks on doors work differently!  I do enjoy being here...and the next 12 months is awaited with great hope and anticipation.

I'm not saying that I have all my ducks in a row yet...like my SIM card for a phone, or bank account, or signed up for language classes, or my visa process started but those will definitely be coming over the next couple of weeks.  Life is good, God has been very faithful to me and proves to be waaaaayyy better so...much love to you all!

May you enjoy each moment of this beautiful Christmas season...and Happy 2015:)!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Legos, December and Romania!