Phew!...1 week, family travel and amazing music...

One week until Budapest!
Once again time is a mystery to me....6 months ago I was coming home and not really knowing my next step and once that was decided sometime in August...I still had 3 months...plenty of time right?  Not so much:).  Time goes quickly and here I am entering into the week I go to Budapest.  It is becoming more real - I left California last Thursday so that was a step.  Now I've been to the two concerts at Olivet where Michael attends (and sings!).  I flew to North Carolina to see my nephew David - that was great:).  Tomorrow I head to see my cousin and another cousin's daughter in St. Louis...and then fly to Budapest with Michael on Saturday....woo hoo!
Tonight my Uncle, Aunt and cousin from Libertyville came to see/hear Michael sing in 'The Messiah'.  Bourbonnais is about 1 1/2 hours from Libertyville so what precious  family we have to come all this way!  So great to see them...love, love love!
When was the last time you heard The Messiah?  It has been a while for me...and I enjoyed it VERY much.  Straight out of Scripture...amazing!  That Handel guy really had a talent putting the words to music.
Listening to The Messiah tonight; I was reminded about a year ago I had gone to Auschwitz and wrote my 'One Man' post (Dec. 15, 2013).  I am still in awe with many men that made an impact on this world (including Handel for sure!) but certainly Jesus made the biggest impact.  And that is who I want to work for in Budapest or anywhere in the world that I may land --- may I honor Him with all that I do and say.  As usual...life is good but God IS waaaay better.  Enjoy some words from The Messiah below:
"Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God'
"And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed..."
"O though that tellest good tidings to Jerusalem, lfit up thy voice with strength!"
"...and the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising."
"For unto us a child is born..."
"...and the glory of the Lord shone round about them..."
"Glory to God in the highest..."
"Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion..."
"...and He shall gather the lambs with His arm..."
"Take His yoke upon you, and learn of Him..."
"He was despised and rejected of men..."
"Sure He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows;..."
"But Thou didst not leave His soul in hell:..."
"King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, Hallelujah!"
"I know that my Redeemer liveth,..."
"AMEN!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Giving