Czesc - Polish word of the day :)


Czesc!!!
Wow...hard to believe I only have three days of work left at Pacific Coast!  This company has been so good to me...started in September 1986 and now it is October 2013 so 27 years!  A great company and amazing people to have worked with for that period of time.  Still surreal to me but I'm very excited and ready to head into this next 'season' of life.

The last blog entry I said there were decisions to be made...well - it has been a decision making month!  Let me tell you...it has been awesome to see things work out and come together.  Ethiopia has not come together as previously thought or hoped for but that is still in process.  In the meantime my 'accountability team'  has affirmed and encouraged my desire to go work with my brother and sister-in-law in Poland!  Actually they live in Hungary but also work in Poland.  So that is the meaning of the greeting above...Czesc is 'hello' in Polish (pronounced tesh-ch).  So on November 20th I am headed to Hungary to stay with Bob, Coleen and Joshua for a bit and then the first week in December I will head up to Krakow, Poland.  I will be working in a coffee shop (Sweet Surrender is the name of it; close to the Schindler factory) and we are closed on Sunday because that is also where church is held!  Church planting/growth is the main goal through this community outreach at the coffee shop and hopefully teaching some conversational English on the side as well.

Yes...the climate and culture will not even be close to Ethiopia but I will actually be working with a team and learning a lot!  All in hopes to gain experience in this new calling of my life.  I am very thankful to MANY people...really - you all have been so amazing, encouraging....you name it....you have been there!  So thank you for that - it certainly does help to know that people 'have my back' as it were.

I will be raising funds for this as well...letters are going out - and my home church (Fremont Presbyterian Church) has graciously offered to be my 'bank' as it were so all funds will go through there.  That allows people to get tax deductions and allows me to be accountable with donations!  If you feel so led - please feel free to send a donation to Fremont...5770 Carlson Drive/Sacramento, CA 95819.  Just put a note in there (not on the payment) that it is for me and/or Poland.  So - my calendar over the coming weeks/months is as follows:
November 1 - last day
November 6 - 12 --heading up to Oregon and Idaho to spend some time with my parents and sisters
November 15-17 - Okalahoma City for Cross Cultural Orientation Class
November 20 - fly to Budapest!
November 27 - Dec 1 - Turkey for area missionary meetings/gatherings
December - Krakow!
June 10 - current return flight date back to the states

Phew...there you have it.  So thank you once again and I will probably post more over the coming weeks...and definitely once I get to Poland!  Coffee shops are great for wireless connections...woo hoo!  Yes...life is good and I am a firm believer that God is way better.
Do widzenia (goodbye).

Comments

  1. Congrats, that sounds great! And I won't have to worry about you not getting plenty of coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Cross Cultural Orientation