Sounds...

Sounds from my apartment...
1.  Work being done upstairs...starts early and ends late :).  The awesome part of this is the building used to be a flour mill so the walls are brick, the wood is old and it is all very amazing!  Going down the stairs (I live on the 3rd floor) I can see the different equipment that used to be in the mill.  Right by the main entrance there are curly chutes...like it would be curly staircases but they used to send the bags of flour down these wooden chutes...makes me want to send a bag of something down them now to see it go from top to bottom! (See picture to the side).
2.  At first I thought it was a plane (which I love) but it is the tram going over the bridge.  My building is near the Vistula River so when the tram goes over the bridge - I can hear it!  I love that.  I'm on that tram sometimes too...that would be #20 anyway:).  Takes me right into downtown and the beautiful Christmas market.
3.  Sirens...I have not gotten the pattern here.  I'm used to police sirens being one sound, ambulance/fire another sound etc.  I don't think it is that way here; but I enjoy the 'European' sound that goes high/low/high/low....that is my favorite.  Not that I want to hear them really...makes me stop and pause/pray each time...actually you know what it makes me think of almost every time?  The scene from when Princess Diana died.  That makes me sad....I'm a huge British Royal fan.  I'm going to have to give credit to that to my very first trip overseas.  Summer between my Junior/Senior year in high school...must have been 1981....the year Prince Charles/Princess Diana were married.  Ahhhh....it was amazing:).

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, your building sounds amazing! I just love the picture - I've always wanted to live in an old, industrial, loft type building, with all that history. And all the wonderful European, city sounds - I'm living vicariously through you now you know, so I love all the descriptions!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Giving