Yummm...stuffed cabbage (Golabki)!

Golabki!  Polish stuffed cabbage...well at least I'm calling it Polish.  Many countries 'claim' this dish but I had it in Krakow and loved it.  So the friends I had it with found a recipe and I attempted to make it here in Budapest.  It seemed okay to me...not as good as the restaurant in Krakow but it definitely had good flavor.  Along the process I learned I could keep a 'recipe book' online at Food.com.  Now - that is kind of ironic to me since I don't consider myself a cook much but to have recipes available online is awesome...I can take them anywhere:).  So yes...I signed up and created a recipe book...woo hoo!  I'm growing up...I hope my Momma is proud! Ha!

Since the 21st of December (last blog post) lots has happened.  Christmas and New Years was amazing with family.  We took a side trip to Vienna which was over the top!  There I sat in a beautiful little church (St. Ann's) listening to a string quartet playing Mozart.  Did you catch that?...Mozart lived and composed much of his music in Vienna and there I was sitting in that very city and listening to music written by him!  A couple days later we went to the Opera House in Budapest to see The Nutcracker.  That was another new experience for me.  I have never been to an Opera House.  I've been to see The Nutcracker in Sacramento, Chicago and San Francisco but never in an opera house.  It was absolutely beautiful, a great experience!

It's Friday night here...Mom, Dad and Robby are all back in the states.   Mom and Dad are in Boise...at a consultation right now to find out what treatment Mom will go through.  It was great to have them here for Christmas.  I'm worried it was a bit much for Mom so I trust she can get well rested before all this treatment 'stuff' is to start.  She and Dad were both troopers...just a lot to take in within the 15 days they were here.

Sunday night I head back to Krakow...and I"m excited to do so.  It will be good to get into a more normal routine.  A doctor visit Monday to get papers signed off for working in a Polish kitchen.  Then start some 'normal' shifts at the coffee shop, and language school starts on January 9th.  There you have it!...life is good and God is mucho better!

Happy New Year to you...have a great 2014:).

Comments

  1. So glad you had a wonderful Christmas with family. Vienna! Oh my goodness, I want to go there someday. I have a thing about Mozart, Amadeus is my all time favorite movie, how wonderful it must have been to experience his music there. And The Nutcracker at an opera house, I've only seen the Sacramento one so I can imagine how wonderful that must have been.

    So happy for you that you're having a great time, and sending good wishes for your Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Giving