less is enough...

It’s been a while.  I wrote a whole long blog on the train last week as I was entering Denmark and going to camp for a week.  It didn’t sit right with me so never posted it.  So I’m trying again…a week later.

LESS IS ENOUGH.  A gentleman I met just over a week ago said that to me.  He and his wife are Hungarian and she was the person who had a dream to start an English Camp in a park of Budapest; and it's been going for 4 years now.  I am not sure how it all came together but I was honored to be the ‘English’ organizer part of the camp this year.  I met this gentleman at the bar-b-que on Friday night after camp.  We were talking about the kids and I told him how really quite good they were…very kind and good to me anyway all week long.  He was recalling his time as a teenager in Communist times.  It was different then – and now his conclusion for this generation is LESS IS ENOUGH.  I agree for all of us - all generations…I think I’m working on living that out right now in my life and I’m so very happy with it all.  I love it in fact.  I hope, trust and pray that I can do ‘LESS IS ENOUGH’ the rest of my life.  Truly – I want to be content with my circumstances no matter what.

So having said that…here is some ‘LESS IS ENOUGH’ newsJ.

--English Camp was amazing – 24 teenagers from 9-4 each day, it was very miraculous and fulfilling to be sure.  We did English, escape rooms, English, hiking, English, exploring caves, English, singing, English, devotions, and more English!  It did spur some thoughts and plans for taking a TEFL course (Teaching English as a Foreign Language).  English seems to be opening up some doors here and I want to be able to do that well!  I was very thankful for a friend that had some creative curriculum that I could use for the camp.

--On the 4th of July I was in Budapest and getting ready for my trip to Denmark but slipped downtown to see the air races.  Seriously quite cool – Budapest is on the Danube River and it has several bridges.  These planes had to fly under one bridge and through a course of tall cones anchored in the water and all around.  It was amazing to watch.  Then on the way home I stopped for Chinese food…so there I was – an American sitting in a restaurant in Hungary eating Chinese food on the 4th of July!  God Bless America!...I am proud of my country and pray for it very often…may each of our hearts and therefore our lives and actions honor God.

--This past week was a church camp in Denmark.   JOY was the theme – I like that.  My name has a meaning…’song of joy’.  My faith brings me joy – that is sure.  I’m glad my parents named me Carol…I want to truly live out that ‘song of joy’ to, with and for peopleJ.  My maternal great-grandfather/mother and paternal great grandfather were from Denmark so it has been amazing to experience this life.  Lots of Danish foods, cultures, sites and language experienced this week!  I hope to do more research on my roots and come back to find some of the exact places etc.  It really is quite odd to have people and food and just life in general feel/look so familiar!  Really!...people’s faces look familiar!

So that is what I know for now…having a great summer and trust you are as well.  I will need to buckle down and get some work done but it will be good – hard work, work done well, does a mind, body and soul good!  I enjoy that.  Take care and enjoy LESS IS ENOUGH todayJ.


**Would you like to subscribe to receive these blogs via email?...go to this webpage yesletusgive.blogspot.com  and on the right hand side type your email in the field that says 'FOLLOW BY EMAIL' and then click on 'SUBMIT".  Use the same website to see pictures I refer to in my posts:).  Thank you!**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Cross Cultural Orientation