My last post was on 9/11 – such an emotional day and it ended with me leading an English Bible Study for teenagers using this text: – This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9.  Lots of good vocabulary words to learn in that don’t you think?  I didJ.  I don’t often use the Bible in my posts but this one gets me.  I’m afraid of a lot of things…like I told the kids – dark, snakes, loneliness are just a few amongst many on my list.  So – it’s not easy to be strong and courageous many times but there you have it as a command.  Okay – then lets do this.

Several Hungarians have recently asked me what my take is on the refugee crisis.  I find that interesting – they are asking me.  But you know what?...I honestly think we are living in a historical time.  Not only is this refugee crisis going on but also Putin has a plan.  I don’t know what exactly is going on but something is brewing and I don’t think it’s all for good.  If I dwell on it for a long time – I become afraid of all the events as well.  But I cannot – it does not help anybody or anything.  So instead – move on; help as much as we can, love even more and work like there is no tomorrow.  There is that wall plaque you see all over…live, love, laugh.  I like that…maybe I should make one that says help, love, work:).  Laughing is always good…I certainly enjoy that too!

So the refugee crisis is still going on – Croatia has a lot of need – there are ‘tent cities’ ran by Red Cross and control at the border that is beyond anything seen here in Hungary.  Very interesting to see how the various countries in Europe deal with the people and how they instruct police, army, NGO’s, volunteers or whomever how to deal with the whole situation.  Of course the media has been right there getting their stories, which is good.  The world needs to know – I just trust they report accurately so I’m taking the high road hereJ.

English Clubs + Bible Studies + kids of all ages + teachers = time to take a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) class!  Wow – it’s been a long time since I was a student.  So – lots of time in front of the computer but my hope is that I can prepare and teach better over the next couple of years.  At this point all I feel like I know is that I do speak EnglishJ - seems to get me invited to several groups and so I need to be able to do that as well as teach the language.  Good times – a 10 week online course and some practicum hours.  


So not a real normal post for me I guess…but I can say that life is good – God is waaaay better and that makes me a bit more strong and courageous.  I am very thankful for friends and family scattered all around the world – much love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

European Observations