Stuff, balance, focus...what?!

February 9, 2016

‘Stuff’ – I don’t want ‘stuff’ and yet I have ‘stuff’.  I have too much ‘stuff’…my brain is starting to process that I’m headed back to Budapest in 17 days…just over two weeks.  I have a suitcase that is already too full – how did THAT happen?  And what do I do to fix that…since I have yet to get my big jar of peanut butter or a box of graham crackers?  Really – it’s just stuff!  And yet I’m fairly sentimental so there are some things that were Mom’s…I want to take those but really maybe it's too much and then it once again becomes 'stuff'.

Life is a balance – and sometimes my life gets out of balance.  I hold onto things that perhaps I shouldn’t…so I have to work through that.  How to do that?  That leads to the question of what is my focus?  Is it my comfort, my sentiments…or the work I feel called to and others? 

I’ve spoken about refugees recently with groups of people and we talk about backpacks.  Most refugees only have a backpack…they left their lives, homes and ‘stuff’ behind and took a backpack.  So then I talk about my backpack and what I would pack in there…asking the question of others – what is in your backpack? 

And now here I am trying to fit ‘stuff’ into a big ‘ol suitcase..much more than a backpack.  Sweet Georgia Brown…is my life out of balance?...perhaps.  What is my focus?...perhaps I should examine that a bit as well.  It’s not easy – and I do miss that peanut butter and graham crackers in Budapest – crazy stuff.  It will work – I’m sure it will all work out – but for now – time to re-examine my focus and get in balance!
**Life is good, God is waaaay better**– that is a good first step to getting in focusJ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Giving