Random - FaceTime, cake, board games, friends and even elections!

FaceTime is a good thing…saw my Dad this morning (my evening).  That is a very good part of my Saturday.  I enjoy my family – yep – we are family and everything that goes with that – but I enjoy them allJ.  Know what I mean?!  Enjoy!

Picked up Lydia this morning from her friend’s house…was telling her about having dinner and cake at Martin and Cezi’s last night…she said ‘I want cake’!  So we called…can we come over for cake?  And then…and then!  Martin pulled out some board game!  Oh my gosh…10:30 on a Saturday morning and people are asking me to play a board game?  That’s like asking me to go camping for the weekend…ummmm...NO.  But – cake and cappuccino made me crazy so I agreed I guess…there I was…playing this crazy Dominion game.  Let’s just say…I didn’t dominate.  Lydia did…oi vey.  But fun was had, laughs of course were plentiful and all the while we had ‘Peppa Pig’ playing in the background for Reuben.  Nothing better than having English accents in your subconscious all morning.  I enjoy friends, cake, Peppa Pig and laughing!

There are really so many moments to treasure.  Like last weekend when I saw Kristina again (first time since English Camp) and she was able to stand up and tell her story.  It’s not an easy story – but she did it – she was so relieved and tearful and joyful afterwards!  It was beautiful…I enjoy her as a friend – she is an amazing woman that I hope to know better and learn with through her life and story.

Tomorrow is a voting day here in Hungary.  I find it interesting how many countries have their voting on the weekend.  More people available I’m sure!  They are voting on a referendum about immigrants.  The country as a whole is pretty anti-immigration.  They built a fence…!  So – if I understand this correctly – this referendum is voting if they will go with the EU mandate of how many immigrants to take or not.  The billboards around the country have been against it all – EU is not to tell them how many to take!  All interesting…

I have not received my absentee ballot yet but I must say that this vote coming up in November makes me a bit nervous too.  There is so much pro/con for each candidate….and yet this week I have seen more about the party platforms.  Now that I can understand – a bit more objective should I say?  Again…the direction of our country makes a difference.


Anyway – life is good, God is waayyyy better and here are random thoughts from Budapest on this Saturday in October.  I enjoy it all…trust you will too or at least have a smile or two reading through thisJ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Giving