Legos, December and Romania!

I got to help put a Lego toy together today with a six year old boy from Syria living in Romania.  It was awesome…our team from Budapest took the day to see this family who made it to Greece earlier this year and are seeking asylum and were ‘assigned’ to Romania.  They are in a small town, and they have 6 months to find a job and a place to live. 

It was pure joy – the little boy called me ‘Madam’…how cute is that?  We didn’t talk much, I don’t know Arabic and he doesn’t know much English but Legos has pictures with instructions – it was quite fun actually.  His Dad speaks English and when I was introduced to him, he said isn’t there a saint Carol?  I said – yes, of course there is!  So I will not let that one go for a while…saint Carol - has a certain ring to it don’t you think?

That was a good start to this blustery, cold and beautiful December.  I fly ‘home’ in 12 more days and will see most of my family for Christmas.  We will celebrate together – I expect there will be moments that will be tough and we will be missing Mom and others that have passed this year but honestly I’m thankful for the healing that goes along with it all.  Thanksgiving obviously was last week and I am VERY thankful.  Thankful for this past year, the time in Oregon, the time in Budapest, the new friends, the deepened friendships, the hurt, the growth….all of it!  I still say with confidence that life is good and God is waaayy better.


So as we start this last month of 2016; I want to say thank you for reading this blog.  We will see what 2017 brings along and what comes up in the blog but I am thankful for you – my friends and family who surround me.  May you have an amazing, beautiful, treasured Christmas season!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Giving