Pleasant Easter Holiday

Life really is very good and God is waaaay better!
1.    We are officially in spring according to the calendar but today I’m in Belgrade, Serbia and we had snow…pretty but I am definitely ready for spring!  The trees are budding with snow on them – confused? (see side picture)
2.    ‘A’ as in the letter in English…we say a long ‘a’….not the ‘ahhhh’ sound.  Most languages over here say ahhhhh…I have found myself applying that to names, words etc.  Crack me up…I guess I’ve been here awhile. 
3.    Working with a team of 10 people in Serbia – we are volunteering for the various NGO’s that are working with the refugees.  It is heartbreaking, it is exciting, it is humbling, it is draining, it is refreshing and…it is very goodJ
4.    People are kind.  People I don’t know well, here in Europe, those coming from the U.S. to serve here…people are kind.  It is encouraging and good for my heart.  Thank you to many kind folks!
Happy Easter  (Kellemes Húsvéti Ünnepeket...
Hungarian literally translated means ’Pleasant Easter Holiday’)


Would you like an email each time I post a blog?...enter your email to the right on this website (http://yesletusgive.blogspot.com).
How about donating to my volunteer work in Central Europe?... click on this link please:)...web.nazarene.org/goto/carolskinner   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Giving