Hear my heart...?

7/18/18 - Happy birthday Patti!

I’m not sure I can make this one shortJ My heart is breaking and full at the same time – is that possible?
·     Life is good, God is waaaay better.
·     My heart breaks – going on the street to offer a smile, kind word, snack, chocolate, tea, or whatever to those ‘working’ on the street.  I am grateful for the chance to do such things but praying it is fruitful somehow or someday it will come to good in just one life.
·     Another rough week in Serbia.  This time not personally, but hearing many languages new to me, some sharing their stories – those are rough. Walking many, many miles and want their paperwork to show the actual city they are from instead of the one the police officer knows – because it makes a difference.  An city/area is a statement – it matters.  
·     To see young men sit at a table doing sticker art…that’s kind of all we had left after playing games and putting puzzles together for quite a while.  But it’s a distraction – the local Serbian workers thanked us for our time to sit, listen, laugh, play…distractfrom the long journey these precious people are on or will be on again shortly.
·     English is an international language.  People know it…one young man has a brother that knows English and helped out the Americans in a Middle Eastern country.  Now the whole family is being hunted…
·     It’s all very complex – it’s not easy to hear, talk about or understand.  But I am here with my heart for God and people.  That is all I know how to do….do you hear my heart? Thanks for listening.
Would you like an email each time I post a blog?...enter your email to the right on this website (http://yesletusgive.blogspot.com).
How about donating to my volunteer work in Central Europe?... click on this link pleaseJ….http://www.nazarene.org/eurasia/missionary-profile?id=412

Comments

  1. Thinking of you Carol, Grateful for your obedience to Christ and your role model of being available to be used by God, trusting Him with the results. Grateful for our friendship and your willingness to share so candidly from the heart your many experiences abroad. Thank you for your example of loving others unconditionally.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

European Observations