A 'normal' day in the life...

Some people ask what a ‘normal’ day looks like for me.  Not sure I know how to answer because the last 3…no, almost 4, months have flown by me- crazy!  I’m not quite sure if I know who/what/when/where – but I DO KNOW that life is good, and God is waaay better.

So – today – woke up really early because Dude decided he was hungry at like 4:00 in the morning and he sounds like a baby dinosaur when he’s in my room and cannot get out (door was closed due to guests being in the house).  So, I fell back to sleep on the sofa after he settled down.  Not so bad…got up eventually (not a morning person) – checked emails, breakfast, read etc…9:30 SKYPE.  That’s a big part of my life over here…SKYPE.  We live and work all across Central Europe so our main communication is via technology….a beautiful thingJ.  That SKYPE created a few things that had to get done administratively so I took care of those and then left to meet Edina with Salvation Army.  We went out to the streets today…serving hot drinks (or cold) and chocolate/snacks to the women on the streets.  Today was a nice day – there were a lot of women out and so we talked, chatted, prayed for and gave Easter bags to 15 women.  After my afternoon on the streets it takes me a while to decompress and process it all.  We take notes so we know for next time and how to pray and start conversations in the future.  It’s kind of intense…and fulfilling and heart-breaking and a lot of things all wrapped up into about 4 hours of the day.  OH – and Edina just called (9:00 pm), one of the gals is now being picked up to come to the shelter!  WOW – yes…thank you, thank you, thank you JesusJ
So then back home and back to the computer – and I just finished my last SKYPE of the day with a college student who wants to serve in Serbia this summer with refugees.  

Tomorrow?...well tomorrow is a good day because we are having a bar-b-que at the local mechanic’s shop. Delicious kielbasa – Polish and Hungarian + burgers and regular dogs…good stuff!  There are a LOT of folks that go to him, so we are hoping to have a big crowdJ.  We shall see – but first is prayer for the local Hungarian schools and then prayer at the International School – the Thursday morning prayer groups that I really treasure…good people and so good to chat with God!  
Then later in the afternoon I will tutor a high school kid in English and head to the airport for Turkey. I will be going to the site that a conference is to be held in November and I’m gathering information for all the various groups – rooms, sizes, AV and IT equipment, instruments…you get the idea! I have my lists ready for the hotel staff and people we are working with to make it all happen!   Should be an interesting 2 days…maybe a quick coffee on the beach if possible!!

Ok – so there you have it – 2 ‘normal’ days – love it all.  Thanks for reading – enjoy your day with whatever you have going on!


Would you like an email each time I post a blog?...enter your email to the right on this website (http://yesletusgive.blogspot.com).
How about donating to my volunteer work in Central Europe?... click on this link please and thank you!  https://give.nazarene.org/fund/cskinner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

European Observations