A new 'favorite things' version:)

The 50th anniversary of Sound of Music was this week (movie released on March 2nd, 1965), which is awesome since we are headed to Salzburg next week.  I’m looking forward to the town being decked out for the celebration!  Actually they are having a gala and all kinds of events coming up in June but hoping to see some of the buildup when we are there.  We will be there for Josh’s last high school basketball games.  It’s a tournament and we are going to stay an extra night to get a chance to see some sites as well.  The Abbey and the house where they filmed the movie are on my list…we shall see!

Raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens
Wait, wait…a few changes to ‘MY’ favorite things!

Lights on the bridges and trams full of people
Boats on the river and churches with steeples
Hearing new words when I talk and even sing
These are a few of my favorite thingsJ

English in classrooms and kids at the shelter
Spreadsheets all over and a bit helter skelter
Working to balance far easier than it seems
These are a few of my favorite thingsJ

When the face scowls, when the eyes roll
When I’m feeling new
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don’t feel so blue!

Wow – stretching the tune a bit but hopefully you get the idea!  The city of Budapest is absolutely beautiful and I am enjoying the work on a day-to-day basis as well.  Even online language lessons have been interesting.  Building up a bit of vocabulary – need help with pronunciation A LOT but hoping that will come.  Now to use what I learn…

Life is good; God is waaaay better and I was excited to start with English at the local Hungarian school this week!  Monday we had about 40 kids attending and we had a great time.  They did pretty well; and were willing to do activities, songs and all in English!  The teachers were great to talk to afterwards, as they are excited this is happening…WOW (again).

On other news…my phone took a cycle in the washing machine!  Not great news – and since the door is in the front of the machine – it took me a while to figure out how to stop it, drain the water so the door would unlock and I could rescue my phone. J  Woo hoo…actually my words were ‘Sweet Georgia Brown’ at the time but the phone is sitting in a container of rice now and we shall see what happens in a mere 24-48 hours more.


So – that is it for now, I am enjoying hearing from many of you and ‘seeing’ you on Face Book as well.  Looking forward to being in the U.S for about 10 days in May…nephew graduation timeJ Much love to you all from Budapest!

Oh wait...!  there was a group of us (18 to be exact--see side pic) who made a weekend trip to Krakow and it was crazy how it made me feel...like a bit of home!  I lived there for about 2 months but it was just so 'familiar' to me...and I enjoyed going to familiar places and even exploring some new places too!  Anyway - it was awesome.  That is all (now).

**Would you like to subscribe to receive these blogs via email?...go to this webpage yesletusgive.blogspot.com  and on the right hand side type your email in the field that says 'FOLLOW BY EMAIL' and then click on 'SUBMIT".  Use the same website to see pictures I refer to in my posts:).  Thank you!**

Comments

  1. Songwriting skills on top of everything else! Sounds like things are going really well, so happy for you and all your wonderful travel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Giving