Wow, wow and wow (big vocab)

Wow…what an amazing 3 weeks since I last blogged!  Literally confounded at how time is flying by.  So…that’s not too exciting but the past few weeks have been very exciting!

We started an English Club at the local Hungarian elementary school.  Wow, wow, and wow…it has been so great!  We pick a ‘theme’ each week…and we have vocabulary words, songs and games to go along with it all.  Today we did Easter – with a word search, puzzles of vocab words and pictures to match them…it was all very good.  Last week was St. Patrick’s Day so that was our theme…you kinda get where we are going with this?  The kids seem to enjoy it and now we won’t be there for two weeks since there is spring break coming up and a national holiday…the kids were bummed (at least they said and acted like it – I hope it’s true). I am truly bummedJ.

The shelter kids are just so awesome…we see them around town and they stop, say ‘hi’, wave, smile, whatever – I love it!  Last week we colored Easter eggs and this week we will do an egg hunt.  Should be really good and we get to share the story of Easter too – so that will be the best!

Romania…T minus five days until 25 of us head of to Sighsoara, Romania.  We will be doing English, basketball camps, and Kids Clubs in four different Roma-Gypsy villages.  These kids and villages are ‘looked down upon’ generally so we are definitely excited to hang out and love on some kidsJ.  We come home for Easter in Budapest.  I noticed the first trees budding yesterday – so by Easter it should be absolutely full of white, yellow, pink, and purple all over Budapest!  I can’t wait…He is Risen!

Last week I got involved with the musical that is being put on at the International Christian School of Budapest where Josh attends.  I had met the Director and saw her work last year when I was in town as well as this year and she is absolutely inspiring.  She does it all!  So I offered to help with some of the organization ‘stuff’ – and she took me up on it!  That was a pleasant surprise actually – so now I’m working with parent volunteers, doing communication and helping do some organization tasks with various teams such as sets, costumes, tickets, publicity etc.  Of course Josh is in the musical (West Side Story…he is Tony) so that is fun to be a part of work that he is doing as well!  I get to go to rehearsals once a week and it is keeping me busy – so May 8th and 9th will be very enjoyable…show time!

Later in April there is an anti-trafficking conference that a few of us are going to attend. It is in Bucharest, Romania – and there is a trafficking shelter that we partner with so we will actually be staying there throughout the conference.  Their webpage is http://www.usadeschisa.ro if you would like to take a look.  I am looking forward to this – with somewhat of a heavy heart if you will.  I truly am interested in this very hurtful issue that is so prevalent and yet part of me wants to ‘hold back’.  Before I left Sacramento I learned that city was the second highest in trafficking in the state of California.  Crazy…Eastern Europe is also high on the list worldwide…Africa and Asia being the two highest.  So – lots to learn and I’m sure tears will be shed but that is good too.  To be looking, listening and learning of others – how?, why?, what can I do? That will be a goal of mine at the four-day conference.


That is it for now – we did have a weekend in Salzburg, which was absolutely majestic.  The mountains are amazing – I loved it!  We took a gondola up the mountain – took my breath away a few times with a bit of fear but it was soooo worth it!  See the side pic for a taste of Austria! Just reaffirmed that life is good but God is waaaaaayyyy better – hugs to you all!
*********************************************************************************

Would you like to subscribe to automatically receive these blogs via email?...go to this webpage yesletusgive.blogspot.com  and on the right hand side type your email in the field that says 'FOLLOW BY EMAIL' and then click on 'SUBMIT".  Use the same website to see pictures I refer to in my posts:).  Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Legos, December and Romania!