Hiking, driving, training, busing, flying...it's all good:)

One week and I head back to the U.S. for my nephew’s graduation in Boise, Idaho!  I’m quite excited since I think I will be able to see quite a few friends and family – yaaaaay!  First a few days in Sacramento and then onto Boise and head back to Budapest with my Mom and Dad so they can be here for another nephew that is graduating.  What a great time of celebration – love it all!

The past couple of weeks have been interesting – I spent a couple days in Poznan, Poland; which is where I was for about 4 months last year volunteering at a coffee shop.  Very fun to see some coffee shop employees (and ex-employees too) while I was there and catch up with the volunteers who recently returned themselves to Poznan – great to see everybody!  Then a group of Baltic country leaders met in Świnoujście, Poland for some networking – great to meet some new people and learn how we can work together better!  Oh – and we took a hike to a lighthouse there – too funny – Google maps said 45 min. walk…we were all up for that…then it ended up to be about 6 kilometers longer…it just kept having signs…lighthouse (latarnia in Polish) 1 kilometer….the next sign said ‘latarnia 3 kilometers’…then the next sign ‘latarnia 900 meters’…you get the idea!  Holy moly – and all the while it was raining.  Awesome – that is one way to build memories with people for sure!

So then I started my journey home – had gotten a train ticket from Świnoujście to Berlin where I would fly back to Budapest.  One catch.... German train drivers were on strike that weekJ.  So I got as far as Szczecin, Poland and found out I would need to take a bus; then once I got to the middle of Berlin I had to get a taxi.  So that was a day of multiple forms of transportation – but it worked out so I was very thankful.  And very glad to see Josh picking me up at the Budapest airport!

Back in Budapest – full steam ahead for the musical I have been helping with, West Side Story.  Performances Friday and Saturday night and the high school kids did very well!  Their hard work paid off and the parents seemed pleased with performances etc.  This community of families at the school certainly is close, helpful and all in this together---no matter what ‘this’ is!  I enjoy that very much.


My car accident?...the car is getting fixed!  In fact – it may even be done this week.  So another thing to be thankful for – that is great news to this householdJ.  I don’t know much else right now so I will sign off saying that life is good, and God is waaaayyy better.  Take care and hopefully I can see you when I’m around California and Idaho from the 20th – 28th!

**Would you like to subscribe to receive these blogs via email?...go to this webpage yesletusgive.blogspot.com  and on the right hand side type your email in the field that says 'FOLLOW BY EMAIL' and then click on 'SUBMIT".  Use the same website to see pictures I refer to in my posts:).  Thank you!**

Comments

  1. If you'd met up with John Candy you would have had yourself a European Planes, Trains and Automobiles! Glad you made it back safe and sound, and I hope you have a great trip home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Legos, December and Romania!