Somewhere over the Atlantic...

May 28, 2015...somewhere over the Atlantic
My heart is full...and yet there are really so many dear people that I did not see and get to hug or talk wiith or even share a laugh with over the past 10 days.
Don't get me wrong...the 10 days were packed and I did get to see A LOT of people--I truly did love each moment!!!!   Doctor appointments, book club, church, baseball game, lunches, dinners, funny...no breakfast requests....hmmmm...people must know me!  Two graduation parties, one graduation, little bit of shopping (again...if you know me--I don't care to shop but my dear, sweet Mom kind of does when it is for her kids so I obliged:). I did lay down a two store rule...and no mall!  I also spent a chunk of time in a Sprint store...holy moly...cell phones can be kind of time consuming!!
It was all wonderful and now I'm heading 'home' again...Budapest home. I recall a blog from last year about my heart being torn...where is home?  Really still quite a dilemma in my little mind.  I texted my sister as I was boarding the plane...I found myself humming ' America the Beautiful'. Isn't that odd...ironic...subliminal...something?
So the normal enjoyments....being able to read all the signs is a huge one to me. And being able to understand conversations around me. Not much hand motion/sign language stuff needed here:)!  I enjoyed the vast and varied country with open roads...I drove from Sacramentonto to Boise...desert, mountains, farmland, purple mountain majesty!! 
So here I sit on an 11 hour flight to Frankfurt thinking of the weeks and months coming up. Looking forward to seeing the English Club kids-- they have worked their way into my heart:). Anxious to see the shelter kids...knowing I need to learn Hungarian better to be able to really connect with them. Wondering about an English/sport camp I have signed up for at the end of June...how can I contribute and what will the teens be like--can I connect with them in just a week?  I should be traveling to various countries getting to know people and ministries going on in this field I am working in...I am sure I will enjoy that!  Beginning to do more with the Hungary network of people within the anti-trafficking world - certainly a learning experience.  Also, I will be house-sitting over the summer..and taking care of two dogs...a pug and a bulldog...yikes. When fall arrives I'm not sure where I will be living so I need to work on that as well.
Life is good....I do enjoy it all, because God is waayyyy better, of that I'm very sure!!!  So goes the story of my last 10 days and looking forward to the coming days. Getting to see people and spending a moment, an hour or day(s) with them...all great--thank you!


**Would you like to subscribe to receive these blogs via email?...go to this webpage yesletusgive.blogspot.com  and on the right hand side type your email in the field that says 'FOLLOW BY EMAIL' and then click on 'SUBMIT".  Use the same website to see pictures I refer to in my posts:).  Thank you!**

Comments

  1. I am happy you had a great stay in the U.S.A. I am a little sad our paths did not cross, but know time goes fast. Have a safe trip home. God Bless, Baker Baker

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Giving