fire, loss and elephants - oh my!

Here is the thing…my blogs just aren’t ‘rolling off the keyboard’ like they have in the past.  Lately I have been thinking of loss – I have news recently of a friend’s only sibling passing away, a lady at my previous employer died suddenly from an aneurysm and a friend’s wife died suddenly as well.  Then came the fires that are burning in Grant County, Oregon where I grew up – my parents on ‘alert’ to be evacuated but thankfully have not needed to leave their home.  Still the fire rages on at some 43,000 acres and 26 homes lost with so many people working on it.

I cannot say I know much loss in my life.  I’ve had some other hardships but not real loss per se’.  So when I say in my blogs that life is good and God is way better…what does that mean?  How do others take that?  I am of the personality that I don’t want to offend others and I really prefer no confrontation!  I admire and yet somewhat fear those that meet those things head on…and yet – I am fairly strong in my stances/opinions and viewpoints.

So when I say life is good and God is way better – I BELIEVE THAT with all my heart and mind.  My life is better because of God – pain and loss will come with life.  There is always bad mixed in with good, evil in with holy.  I believe that to be true since the Garden of Eden actually…and so it continues.


Good - the fire has brought that whole community and county together in a way that has not happened any time that I remember in the past.  The death of friends – I’m not sure where the good will be but I know because of a death; friends/family share many memories and sentiments that may not be shared easily…and the healing process begins.  There is a saying – how do you eat an elephant?...one bite at a time.  I think of that so often in life – work, shelter, anti-trafficking, personal hurt, friends/family hurt…you name it.  IT ALL IS LIFE – and that is good because God is waaay better.  We have hope, faith, belief in that and we keep on eating the elephantJ.  Much love to my home town/county – and much love to those that hurt and are healing from whatever it may be...peace and hope to you all!  

Comments

  1. Yeah, some crazy losses lately, it really does make you think. My parents in Redding were recently evacuated due to fire, although they were able to return home a couple days later. It was quite a scare but does make you think about what is really important.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

2 and 2017:)