Just a few observations for today!

Just some observations - perhaps questions along with them:

I love singing loudly in the car (when I’m alone), making up my own tunes and words about life going on around me.  I think maybe somebody could use my lyrics…come to think of it I ‘follow’ Taylor Swift on Facebook…hmmm…J.

·       Going somewhere new always seems to take forever to arrive and not as long to return…how/why is that?!  Crazy

·       Moving day?...just plan one and see the summer temperatures rise…guaranteed!

·       Synonyms for express: rapid, swift, fast, quick, speedy, and high-speed.  Please keep these words in mind as you choose the ‘express checkout’…or not.

·       Lots of media coverage in this part of the world about the refugee/migrant issue that is hitting Europe.  I agree – work needs to be done.  I can even see how I can help in small ways…such as going to the train station in Budapest and donating food, hygiene items and hanging out with kids painting faces, making bead bracelets etc. (was heart-breaking but oh so awesome).
o   But what about the root of the problem?...what is being done, where is the outcry for fixing the issue of radical religion causing so much abuse, hurt, pain and death?  I don’t know how I can personally help in this issue but there has got to be a way?

·       EVERYBODY has a story…it is awesome to sit down with people and hear their story.  I have had a chance over the past couple of weeks to talk with various Hungarians over tea or food or prayer… 
o   Laci, (rhymes with yahtzee) the maintenance guy at the local international school talking about his dream to learn English in America and showing me how to plaster a wall. 
o   Ildiko, the lady heading up the anti-trafficking prayer…her take on St. Stephen and the way he ‘Christianized’ Hungary as well as the mindset of Hungarians today because of their dependence on government during communist times.  Very interesting.
o   Monika, a friend that let me make American pancakes for she and her family as we laughed trying to talk Hunglish for a few hours.  Always good.
o   Bea, as she re-lived her year she spent in Taft, CA as a senior in high school.  It made me miss home!  Fun to hear her take on American stuff such as ice cream (different and the size of scoops are definitely different!), Halloween and the ocean!

·       There is a certain ‘ache’ being so far away from family and friends.  Making new friends is good fun but there is still an ache of sorts.  I haven’t figured this part out of living here; maybe it’s just a fact and I just need to deal.  I guess that’s what others do.

·       Older ladies are awesome. (Since I’m in my 50’s…I would say older are late 60’s and above)…  Getting to know a few this past Saturday that I had met earlier in the year – loved it!  Eszter – my new favorite!

·       Dogs are crazy…really – how can they truly be that excited each time I come home? 

·       Wild fires have a mind of their own – hopping, skipping and jumping wherever they may.  So dangerous and oh so real and close to towns in the West!

·       Learning a new language – professionals say it is good for the mind; keeps it alert, sharp blah, blah, blah…I say?...it confuses your language from that point on! What sound is an ‘o’…like in out, over or obnoxious….?  English is awesome in many ways with only 26 letters to our alphabet…but other languages have some great stuff too like different letters for the different sounds like o, ö, ó, ő.

·       Tears and laughter – both sooooo good.  I believe I do a lot of both! 


·       “Sweet Georgia brown” is a really good expression in so many instances!

·       Metric system…PLEASE  can somebody explain to me why the U.S. did not go to this or teach it?  We started to learn it back in the day but we stopped…

·       Getting new keys to anything, apartment, house, car... whatever; awesome feeling!

·       Blogging is fun, life is good and God is waaaay better!!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Giving