Sunday's child :)

August 2, 2015

Birthdays – some like them, some don’t.  I happen to enjoy birthdays.  Today is my birthday and it is a Sunday…. perfect combination!  I was born on a Sunday.  I love that – and my Mom always recited that poem about the day of the week you were born on…and I love that too!

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath day
Is fair and wise and good in every way.

So my thought this year was to be in Venice, Italy on my birthday, it’s only 6’ish hours away and a friend of mine lives halfway so we had talked about going together.  That didn’t quite work out but it was even better – I started my birthday last Thursday – so it was a festival this year! J.  I WAS in Venice, Italy on Thursday – and it was amazing!  I mean…who hasn’t watched a bunch of movies that were filmed in Venice?...boats racing on the Grand Canal, treasures being dropped into the water and taken away by boat, love stories and murder scenes on the San Marco Piazza with the many pigeons surrounding them (no, I didn’t feed them).....on and on I could go.  AND I WAS THERE.  I took the boat on the Grand Canal, walked through San Marco Piazza, walked through the beautiful yet narrow alleyways amongst all the canals, ate risotto at a restaurant in Venice…there – I did all that!  Awesome.  Then the next day drove the country roads out of Venice…just meandering and the destination was the Croatian coast that night.  So…what better to do than end up putting my feet in the Adriatic Sea in 3 countries all in 1 day!...Trieste, Italy, Koper, Slovenia and Fažana, Croatia!  It was very fun and the country that we drove through was awesome, beautiful, all so very amazing to see. I enjoyed each moment.  Ended up back in Zagreb, Croatia last night, went to church this morning followed by a yummy Croatian lunch AND my birthday cake was a sundae from McDonalds…yaaaay!  Many family and friends greeted me via Face Time, texts, emails, Facebook and even cards sent here to Hungary…thank you all!  It has been a great birthday – life is good and God is waaaayyy better.  Thank you all – much love from this part of His amazing creation!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Giving