Mama - frieden (peace)

November 6, 2015

There is one word that I can use anywhere in the world and it seems to be understood – Mama.  And this blog is about just that…my Mama.  She called me 10 days ago with not great news – her cancer is back and in her bones.  Since that time she has had many tests and appointments and found out that the cancer is not in her organs or brain; the first reason I am thankful today.

So this ‘wave’ in life is a big one…we talked in our English Bible Study tonight about the waves of life.  We even made a little ‘ocean in a jar’ – you know…with water, food coloring and oil.  And I shared with these teenagers that I have come to know and love – about my Mom and the pain she is in.  I cried…they cried.  We prayed…not for healing even really…just peace.  It was amazing….

I recently was at a conference and was involved with doing the PowerPoint and songs etc on the ‘big screen’ – it was really big and there were lots of people which was awesome but nerve wracking at the same time.  But the guy I sat by was the sound guy and he was a rock (actually a German rock:).  I mean nothing got to him – he was efficient, good at his job and mostly very patient with me as I was learning a lot!  My favorite thing was that he taught me the German word for peace…frieden.  I like that….it sounds like ‘free’ and that is what I’m asking for my Mom…for her to be at peace – and free of pain whatever that may mean.  And her attitude is just that – she really is at peace.  It is really good to hear and see from afar.  But I must go and see and hear it in person.  So I am – I am leaving Hungary for a time…not sure how long but we’ll see how it goes.  I am in a place of service/life/whatever you want to call it that I can go and be with Mom and Dad; a second reason I am thankful today.


I do believe that life is good…my Mom believes that as well but mostly we believe together that God is waaaayyy better.  He is bringing that ‘frieden’ to my Mom – which is the third and final reason I am thankful today.

Comments

  1. I'm so very sorry to hear about your Mom Carol. I'm very close to mine and she's had cancer as well, so I understand what you're going through. I'm so glad for you that you're able to come and be with her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Cross Cultural Orientation