Flying by...

One month left in Poland! Crazy...six months goes by fast and especially when I'm down to the last month and it will be pretty packed!  I will basically be in Poznan for a couple weeks, Krakow for a couple weeks and then head back to Budapest to fly home.  There is a choir coming from Northwest Nazarene University in Idaho so we will be picking them up in Germany and heading to Poznan - they will sing and speak at various schools, churches, locations around Poznan and then we all head to Krakow.  They will be performing etc in Krakow as well so it will be a great 8 days with that team.

Then I will need to move out of my loft in Krakow...sad but true.  There will be a couple girls staying there from Trevecca Nazarene University doing a culturall immersion study so that is nice the loft is available and they can live there.  We all are preparing for a few teams coming to Poland this summer - they will work on projects at each Sweet Surrender shop and then do a kids day camp in the parks around town during the afternoon.  Plus all the activities at the shop in the evening...I think it will be a good experience.  Camps are a big deal here in the summer...and English is desired so I think it should go well - we shall see!

So - all that to say that momentum is building and word is getting out about the church and Sweet Surrender in Poland!  It was great this weekend as we had a Central European Field conference...so people from 8-10 different countries were represented.  Each team presented what is going on in their area and it was amazing to hear it all (and in all different languages...Romanian, Albanian, Bulgarian, Danish etc - awesome!).  Poland was kind of fun to do - we did a coffee cupping and correlated coffee shop ministry to that...aroma, taste, identification, and satisfaction!  For my California/wine friends and family...coffee cupping is really like a wine tasting...but you get to slurp:).

Once again it has been 90 days since I left the European Union so I found really cheap flights to London.  I went to London on Tuesday and met up with Joanna - that was fun!  We did quite a bit in the 13 hours I was there....she is great to come and meet me for the day.  Now I am back in Krakow to welcome/orient the students that came in from Nashville.  Bob is here in Krakow as well so I will go home with him and see Joshua in the school musical this year.  I'm excited for that....he does have a great voice so I hope he sings loudly :).  The school is performing 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers' - Josh is Benjamin so brother #2.

I don't know much else - my summer is filling up quickly!...so come August we will see where I land.  I still am not sure and don't think I will make a decision until after I return home.  I will be traveling quite a bit until August and then we'll see where/what etc.  Exciting times!  I am certain that life is good and even more certain that God is waaaay better :).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Cross Cultural Orientation