Windows, music, flowers, and driving!

Face timing with book club friends, weeding planter boxes and garden areas, going to an AMAZING flower market with Sweet Surrender employees and thus planting the garden etc, washing windows (really high windows!) -  these are a few of my activities this week!  Northwest Nazarene University in Idaho is sending an 'ensemble' over so that starts Saturday for me.  We have been getting ready!  There is an apartment above the coffee shop that is recently empty (no renter) and part of the choir is staying there along with other teams coming over here this summer.  So working up there has been fun. Setting up all the details for transporting this group of 8 folks...worked out that Bob and I will be driving two cars to Germany to pick them up and then back to Poznan via a few sightseeing adventures in Berlin.  Then on Wednesday we will head to Krakow and they fly out of there next Saturday.  So we have visiting schools for music, speaking English and concerts all over town this week in Poznan - and even a radio interview set up for Sunday night!  That just came through today so that was great news:).
Well - that was written on May 22nd....and it is now May 28th - I'm slacking:).  Just a funny thought - I drove in Germany...you know- everybody dreams of driving with no speed limit on their autobahn right?!!!  Well - I'm in a station wagon Opel that starts to shake at about 120 kmh (75 mph)  Funny!  So I go 140-150 (86-93mph) to stay up with Bob anyway - love it!

I am sitting in a little resteaurant in Oswiecimia...next to Auschwitz/Birkenau.  There is a group of 11 people (ensemble from NNU and 2 students from Trevecca along with Bob) going through with a guide.  I went through in December and am just not ready to go through again so I came to find wi-fi!  So I hope they have a good guide and learn lots.  It is definitely sobering.  We will be in Krakow over the next few days.  I will be moving out of my apartment and taking the car back to Poznan along with one of the students from Trevecca and then head to Budapest.  I fly out of there in 2 weeks...holy moly.

The choir has been a lot of fun - troopers for sure.  They sing so nicely - I have heard their songs several times and they are really good!  The day they sang at the church off the Old Town Square in Poznan was so fun - acoustics were hard to beat.  They just wanted to sing and sing...it was cute.  After the 'audience' left,  the ensemble did a couple songs that they had sung earlier in the year as part of the bigger choir - it was nice.  So we got to connect with a lot of people in Poznan - schools, church and the radio interview was great!  We got a tour of the station (very old and awesome) and then got some live radio too since we were in the studio the lady let us talk and she gave a 'pitch' for the upcoming concerts etc- good stuff!

Colleen will be in Krakow when we get there so that will be good - she is so good with meeting and connecting with people.  That will go well I'm sure.  I don't really know much more I guess - I know that I've had to say good-bye to several folks in Poznan already and it's not easy!  How do you tell people that you may never come back?---it is a complete mystery to me right now where I will be come September.  I'm quite thankful for social media in this instance...I think I've said that before.  So...life is good and God is waaaaayyy better....I'm not worried about September - that is not my own doing:).

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

2 and 2017:)