JIF and trams in a small world :)

Well - I don't know exactly where my brother got the peanut butter...who brought it over the ocean for he and his family but he shared!  I got a big 'ol jar of JIF Creamy to bring back to Poznan.  So - I'm happy:).  It is Tuesday and I'm actually drinking a warm vanilla latte!  I always drink iced drinks but I got chilled today so I'm warming up with a warm latte - yummm!

There is a lady here in Poznan that I just met, Kamila, and she does interviews for the 'International Poznan' show.  She does this on a volunteer basis -  she meets with people living in Poznan from all over the world (I would imagine) and listens to their stories.  Why they are here, what are their dreams etc etc.  So she is the 'pre-interviewer' and then she types up the notes and hands them into to the show to see how/what/when it may be used.  I met Kamila because she did a pre-interview on me which was interesting.  First of all - I enjoyed the chance to hear a little of her life - she spent 2 years in the States as an au pair so I think her English is amazing (she doesn't think so).  She has her Masters in Speech Pathology and is trying to get approved for a Fellowship in the States and get her PhD.  WOW - she is the one that should be interviewed!  I enjoyed talking with her very much.  We talked of my previous work..that I left, what I'm doing now, what and why of Sweet Surrender, some about the places I've traveled and life in general.  Besides, we met at this great little restaurant that serves chocolate everything...can you imagine raspberries and white chocolate warmed up?  Oh my...all around a great way to spend a few hours in Poland :)!!!

Oh - I have to write about my tram experience when I got back to Poznan.  I have a routine in the morning of taking tram #2 or #9...they both stop by Sweet Surrender.  So the first one to come by was #9 and we were two stops away from 'Most Teatralny' (stop closest to Sweet Surrender) and the tram turns a different way!  Well...that's a bit tough to take on a Monday morning.  I leave Poznan for a week and they change the route of tram #9...what is THAT about?!  So of course I hopped off at the next stop and walked my way to the shop but what?...really?!  Then - Marybeth and I were headed to the bicycle statue guy to take a picture with the home made biscotti I received (yummm...thank you Pamela! - see the side picture!) and so there is a stop right by there and we jumped on the tram and I expected it to turn to the statue and it went straight!  Marybeth said my face just showed shock...and when we got off the tram - crossing the street heading to the statue a tram was coming right at us and I didn't even see it.  So we called yesterday my tram travesty day....yikes...route changes and almost getting hit - nice day huh?  We laughed pretty hard actually....good times.

Last week - Josh's musical was very good.  He did great and it was good to see some other high school kids perform that I knew as well!  I'm getting to know some people here and it's fun to see their families involved in school activities etc.  Several people would greet me and say 'you are the one that would bring Dude to the basketball tournament right'?  Ha!...funny - yep...that's me...the Budapest dog sitter.

I told Kamila about my blog and that my dream was to turn the post/ideas etc into a book some day - I need to start working on that.  I'm not sure what it will be or look like but it has almost been a year now since I started the blog so I may have enough thoughts/stories etc for something right?  Anyway - great to write things down and share with others - helps keep me thinking:).  Life is good, God is waaayy better and I'm very thankful for friends and family in my life and new friends that I meet on different continents - what a great (small) world that God created!

PS...my Dad is home!  He was released early and doing his IV and physical therapy in John Day.  Bob and I talked to both Mom and Dad last Friday and it seemed they were doing well.  Dad definitely needs to build his strength up more but doing okay...so that was good news.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Giving