What a great first day!...Budapest, Hungary

I left Sacramento on 12:05 p.m. on Wednesday, November 20th (that is 3:05 a.m. on the 21st  in Budapest).  Then I arrived Budapest at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 21st....which is 4:00 a.m. on Thursday in Sacramento.  So....not bad!  I flew to LA and then from LA to Paris...where I missed my connection but was able to get on the next flight out to Budapest which worked out great.  I was on an Airbus380 from LA to Paris and they have two levels - I was on the top level!  I love airplanes and that was just amazing to be up there!  A Boeing 747 only has first class in their top level but the Airbus has all classes up there...it was great to be on the upper level:).  Easy flights...a couple movies, some sleep, some food and lots of water.  Good times.
I went to bed early - slept most of the night...I did wake up about 3:00 a.m. for about 1 1/2 hours but was able to go back to sleep.  Then we (Bob, Colleen and some friends from Kiev) went to a hot springs for several hours today.  The Turks occupied this area for a long time so they built these hot springs in beautiful buildings with inside and outside pools/saunas/steam rooms.  Ohhhhh...it was amazing!  Very relaxing - just the ticket after a long trip.    We took a tram and the metro to the hot springs so I got to see some really pretty places of Budapest....on the Danube River - beautiful architecture etc....can't wait to see it in the spring all in bloom!
Tonight was a performance of Beauty and the Beast at Josh's school (International Christian School of Budapest)...done by the Jr. High and it was quite well done!
So here I sit drinking tea and having some home made cookies...ready for another good night's sleep and hopefully I will be mostly over the jetlag.  We shall see.
Oh...I forgot - I was eating a yummy fudgesicle on the plane and my crown popped off.  I COULD NOT believe it.  The very first day I was gone...was not able to get into a dentist today so I look really scary right now....yikes!  I think superglue is in my life tomorrow - if it works, I'm good with it.
Life is good (even minus a tooth) and certainly God is better (He probably has all his teeth:)!!!.
Much love,
Carol

Comments

  1. sounds like God's mercy I'd upon you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My time conversion is messed up...12:05 pm in CA is 9:05 pm in Budapest and 7:00 pm in Budapest is 10:00 am in CA...22 hour travel day--not bad with delays etc!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins...Ethiopia

Thank you Momma

Legos, December and Romania!